REFRESHER COURSE DESCRIPTION
C1 Certification Course completed within the last 3 years
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
C1 certified physical therapists. We will also accept PT’s who have completed C2, if the PT feels they need to refresh some of their skills or want to re-visit some live clinical cases with the support of an instructor.
Upon completion of the Refresher Course, the participant will:
- Become more proficient at assessing postural alignment related to scoliosis.
- Improve their techniques using specific measurement tools related to scoliosis.
- Improve their ability to classify Scoliosis Curves using the BSPTS Method, using postural and radiological evidence.
- Deepen their understanding and their ability to apply Specific Principles of Correction of the BSPTS Method.
- Describe the passive and active corrections in five different starting positions (supine, prone, side-lying, sitting and standing)
- Improve their skills at the development and implementation of individualized scoliosis evaluation, and a specific treatment program based on the patient’s curve pattern and other findings.
This course will provide a review of the concepts presented in C1 with a review of pathomechanism of Idiopathic Scoliosis, Classification using clinical and radiological characteristics, Specific Principles of Correction of the BSPTS method, treatment of non-painful adults, core stabilization, and how to address proximal thoracic curves.
CLICK HERE for REFRESHER course calendar.